What a difference a few days make! The day after my post on March 23rd RECO and our local real estate board RAHB have made the decision to put an end to in-person business. This includes open houses (realtor and public) and in-person showings.
What does this main for the current state of Real Estate?
For a wide range of reasons, please keep in mind that there are people out there that do still need to buy and people that do need to sell.
With proper public health protocol and authorization and permission from all parties:
- Properties can still be listed (and are everyday)
- Realtors can still view properties – alone
- Realtors can FaceTime or video chat with clients as they walk through
- Buyers can still offer on properties and can use clauses that make offers conditional upon viewing (when restrictions are lifted)
- Never been more important to use a professional real estate photographer
- With todays technology you really can show off almost everything with the right photographs and virtual tour.
Again, these are unprecedented times. And this situation is dynamic and changing daily.
If you have specific questions about anything Real Estate related, reach out anytime.