“You did an outstanding job and were an absolute pleasure to work with.” Stephanie – Feb 2011
Tips for selling your home with Steve
When selling your home often the first impression is your best impression. So make sure you take the time to prepare your home both inside and out to put your best foot forward. That will give you the best opportunity to sell your home quick and for top dollar!
The condition of your home’s exterior is very important when it comes to buyer appeal. Here are some suggestions:
- House number should be easy to read
- Lights on timers to ensure house is lit up after sunset
- Eaves troughs, and down spouts in good repair
- Garage/car port clean and tidy
- Cracked or broken window panes replaced
- Doorbell and door hardware in good repair
- Touch up trim paint on doors, window frames, fascia, etc.
- Mow, edge and weed the lawn frequently until the home is sold.
- Overgrown shrubbery should be cut back to show as much of the exterior as possible.
- Inspect the roof for necessary repairs and any visible broken shingles or tiles.
- Stucco water stains can be repaired using a mild bleaching agent.
- Fences should be mended and painted.
- Wash all windows inside and outside.
The condition of the interior of your home should be warm and welcoming! Here are some suggestions:
- Lights should be on and drapes should be left open during daylight
- Heat set at a comfortable temperature
- Fresh flowers/plants in various rooms
- Chipped plaster and paint touched up and repaired
- Doors and cupboards properly closed
- Leaky taps and toilets repaired
- Burned out light bulbs replaced
- Squeaky doors oiled
- Mirrors, fixtures, and taps cleaned and polished
- Seals around tubs and basins in good repair
- Floors cleaned, garbage containers emptied
- Inside of closets and cupboards neat and tidy
- Pets absent, where possible, or contained during showings
- All torn screens should be repaired or replaced.
- White or light pastels are the easiest to work with and they make your rooms look larger.
- Fireplace lit in cooler weather
- Air conditioner turned on in warm weather
- Countertops neat and polished
- Appliances cleaned
These are just a few tips to help you get ready to sell your home for more!