40 Cayley Street, Dundas
4 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom, Lot Size 50′ x 288′
The scope of work we are considering is a “re-imagining” of the original 1890 portion of our home and its integration with the 2015/2016 addition.
The gallery photos mostly showcasing the work done in 2015 and then some we took of the rest of the house.
While the craftsmanship is top notch. The intricate style of the interior is not really us. We appreciate more of a modern/minimalist approach with simple clean lines and a priority on natural light.
Staircases and hallways in the original home are narrow and dark. Access has been disconnected from the home (currently unheated and fire separated) – want to understand how to reconnect and make accessible.
The issues with the current layout of our home are:
- Little natural light especially into hallways, staircase and kitchen/dining room
- Inefficient use of space
- Narrow stair case
- Access has been disconnected from the home to the 3rd floor (currently unheated and fire separated) – want to understand how to reconnect and make accessible. We do want to finish space could hold 2 bedrooms and a bath (also fire separated from the house)
- Very narrow 2nd floor hallway
- Oversized master bedroom with dark hallways connecting to laundry and ensuite
- Awkward layout of a 2nd floor bedroom (was 2 rooms that were opened up).
- Extremely detailed and intricate bathrooms
We are not attached to anything in this house. We love the location, have an incredible lot and want to create a more inclusive, brighter space for us and our 4 children. That said we do like the exterior look of the house though likely wouldn’t have chosen it if we were doing the process ourselves.